B.Ed. First Year
The College offers Two Years Secondary Teacher Education Programme known as B.Ed. Since the College is affiliated with Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur as such the final examinations for both years of B.Ed. are conducted by it and the degree is also conferred by this University.
Rules: Examinations & Results for First Year
- There will be 10 papers in first year. The university will conduct the examinations for 8 papers of three hours’ duration.
- There will be two papers with an internal weight age of 50 marks. The assessment of both the papers will be done internally at the college level.
- In pre-internship lessons will be delivered in simulated condition. The purpose of pre-internship is to acquaint the student to classroom teaching for effective internship. Without attending this pre-internship programme the student will not be eligible for internship.
- It is mandatory for any student to attain 90% attendance in internship programme, failing which they will be declared, fails in first year.
- After completion of internship, each student must submit the attendance-cum internship completion certificate duly authorised by head of institution, where internship was performed.
- Candidates will have to obtain 40% marks in theory & practicum separately. In the papers carrying 70 marks, candidates will have to obtain minimum 28 marks for a pass.
- (A)There shall be two summative tests of 10 marks each & candidates will conduct/prepare a report of 1 activity in each paper carrying 5 marks for activity & 5 marks for documentation. Out of 30 Practicum/ internal marks a candidate will have to get a minimum of 12 marks for a pass. If a candidate fails in practicum of two or less than two papers, they will be promoted to II year but it will be compulsory for them to reappear in the practicum as well as external examination of the same paper next year.
(B) If any candidate doesn’t obtain minimum 20 marks in two internal papers(paper VIII & IX) of 50 marks in that case, they will be promoted in II year but in due course they will have to reappear in test and activities to pass that paper.
- Candidates failing in more than two practicum or / and external papers (papers I to VII & X ) or/ and internal papers (paper VIII & IX) will be declared fail & they will have to reappear in next year in all the theory papers. However, their practicum/internal marks of external papers can be carry-forwarded. They have to complete all the activities of Internal papers (paper VIII & IX) again.
- Candidates failing in two or less than two papers in practicum or external examination will be allowed a promotion in second year, provided that they reappear in them at later stages. However, any candidate can get this benefit of promotion in a maximum of two papers internals (paper VIII & IX) & externals ( papers I to VII & X ) combined together.